For those who are looking for a low budget smartphone, I got one for you: BLU Life 8 XL. This is one of the cheapest model recently available on the online stores.
Android Kitkat loaded phone which gives almost all the interesting and required features of a costlier Smartphone. If you cannot afford a Samsung or Sony Smartphone then you can go for this model.
Or if you are looking for a spare one that you want to give it for kids or occasional use at home – you can simply choose this Smartphone.
Screen, Design and Display.
The screen measures 5.5 inch and well enough to get a feel of Smartphone. You get HD resolution of 720p only and hence it is not a full HD Smartphone.
However, on a bigger 5.5 inch screen it won’t disappoint you much. Moreover, with 720p you have to keep the brightness higher for better quality viewing and you can’t expect much clarify on side viewing or distant viewing.
The phone looks slim and you will definitely like the design. On the side, you can find the standard Power key and volume control keys. It also has a LED indicator.
Performance and Camera.
This BLUE Life smartphone comes with a MediaTek processor with Octa Core and runs at a speed of 1.2 GHz. The performance is supported by only 1 GB RAM and I feel that’s the usual Quad Core combination.
However, you can play all the fast graphic games without any issues.
It has 8 MegaPixel camera and you can use it for outdoor photo shooting also. For the cost, it is a better camera. If you are really looking for a great camera and quality picture – you may not feel it that much great. However, for a normal user this may suite well.
The camera has auto-focus, geo-tag, face-detection, LED based flash-light enabled.
Other Features of BLU Life 8 XL.
Apart from the above features, this Smartphone runs on Android Kitkat and looks, you can upgrade it up to the Lollipop version.
- It comes with Dual-Sim (micro type) and a micro SD card slot (expandable up to 64 GB) apart from an Internal memory of 8 GB.
- It has micro USB 2.0 slot and supports Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
- You can also connect this to WiFi network (supports standard 802.11 b/g/n) and supports Hotspot setup.
- You won’t get LTE Support (no 4G, only 2G and 3G).
- The battery is of type Li-Ion and it can stand well on extreme usage.
- Its claimed to stand up to 750 hours of Stand-by and 18 hours of Talk-time (with 3G enabled).
Technical Specification of BLU Life 8 XL:
- Supports Android Kitkat
- Upgradable to Android Lollipop
- Processor Octa-Core MediaTek (1.2 GHz speed)
- 1GB RAM Memory
- 8GB Internal Storage
- 64GB expandable with microSD Card
- micro-USB 2.0 port
- Dual micro-SIM slot
- Supports 2G, 3G Networks
- WiFi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
- Screen Size: 5.5 Inch
- Display: High Definition 720p resolution (what’s different?)
- LED Flashlight
- 8MegaPixel Digital Camera
More technical information and other details here.
Lets unbox the BLU Life 8 XL Smartphone and explore it further.
Yet another first look video of this 8 XL model.