If you are not a huge fan of Google Glass, I have something new for you 😉
That’s Jet Smart Glass from Recon Instruments.
This is a smart eye-wear device made for those enthusiasts who are more active especially on sports and fitness. It has a built-in camera, social sharing features + access to your Smartphone and you can see all the notifications in front of your eyes. For fitness freaks, you can enjoy sharing your metrics to Strava, MapMyFitness etc. It also has GPS and map facilities that will take you properly on the roads.
You can find more technical information about this Jet Glass here.
Yes, its light weight as expected – only ~3.2 ounces.
- This smart glass is powered by an ARM Cortex-A9 processor which runs on 1 GHz speed.
- This high speed processor is supported by 1 GB SDRAM which won’t lag you on any performance computing.
- This smart glass has Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
- It also has a micro USB 2.0 slot and supports GPS connectivity.
- You get 8 GB Internal flash memory for storage.
- This smart glass has all type of sensors right from gyroscope, accelerometer, pressure sensor, IR sensor etc.
- It also can connect to your standard WiFi network (supports IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n).
- This device also supports ANT+ wireless protocol.
The screen measures 16:9 aspect ratio and display is WQ-VGA (Wide Quarter VGA resolution). Of course, its High Definition (HD) and the display appears at 7 feets from your eyes (as a 30 inch screen).
With Jet’s 30″ display, you will be amazed to see cool things in front of your eyes.
- The touch interface is made to work even with gloves-on-hand and you can operate simply with your fingers.
- The touch interface also looks stylish on side of the glass.
- The GPS system and the motion tracker helps to collect all type of fitness data about your activities.
You can also put it for charging in the standard USB way (I mean from your PC/Mac/Laptop etc).
- Once connected to your Laptop, you can also customize the screen (on what to appear, what not to appear) according to your interests, from the Customizable Dashboard.
- You can also access all the important activities from your Smartphone (supports Android, iPhone…) to share on-the-go.
- The body is perfectly made that you can simply adjust the ear-stands by bending it.
- You can also adjust to fit it on your nose according to your own comfort so that it won’t be shaky, when you run or jump faster.
When you switch it ON, the led glows and the display, starts appearing on your right eye without much disturbing the actual view. You can navigate the menus using your finger and touching on the pad that’s fit on the right side of the glass.
It has dual micro-phone and built-in speaker that won’t disappoint you. The camera is point-of-view that means it can capture, what you see from your eyes.
The battery is claimed to stand up to 4-hours of normal usage. You can also hand carry a spare battery for longer trips.
You can find what the real users are saying about this Jet Eye-wear.
This is an innovative device that brings all amazing stuffs in front of your eyes.
The following video shows a short test with this Jet Glass.
You must watch the official video on, how to get started with this Wearable Glass?
Yet another unboxing video, to understand what accessories are available in this purchased pack.