Sport cameras are always a craze for adventurous people like you. Now-a-days, there are lot of models available in the market and making a buying decision is really tough. One of the important feature is, how do you mount these sport cameras? And, you will be expecting it to be waterproof, dust-proof and also, with a rigid body.
With all these expectations in mind, today I went through the online stores and identified few of the top sport cameras – from this list you may love-to-buy one. It helps you to take quick buying decision without much wasting your valuable time.
- The starting model from GoPro where you get 5 MegaPixel resolution with HD (1080p) video recording resolution.
- This is also a waterproof camera with a built-in mono-MIC. You can take it inside water up to ~40 meters of depth.
- It also has burst-shot feature so that it can automatically click 5 photos in a second – helpful to capture quick shots.
- This camera can be easily wearable and also, mountable at any place. The quick-capture button immediately power ONs the camera and starts the recording itself.
- You can also set it to capture automatic photos every ~30 seconds continuously.
- Apart from this sport camera, you also get a free editing software GoPro Studio to perform many tricks with your captured video/photo before you share.
Watch the nice introduction video about GoPro Hero.
GoPro Hero4 Silver
One of the high-end model from GoPro is Hero4 Silver. This sport cam comes with 12 MegaPixel of higher resolution and more picture quality. It also support 1080p HD video recording with capture speed of 30 frames per second.
- HiLight tagging feature helps to quickly add tags to your videos for easy reference/playback.
- You can take this camera up to 40 meters inside water without any issues.
- The display support touch screen and hence you can interact with this camera easier/quicker.
- The NightPhoto and NightLapse feature helps you to photos on darker environment without much losing the picture quality.
- This has Bluetooth as well as WiFi connectivity so transferring your videos/photos to your PC/Laptop will be easier.
- It has a remote control that you can operate the camera from a ~180m distance without any issues.
- You also get the GoPro App and studio software for free.
See what the users of GoPro Hero 4 are saying about it.
Here is the hands-on with Hero 4.
DBPOWER SJ4000 Sport Camera
This is a 12-MegaPixel digital camera with HD video capture support (1080p resolution). It has 1.5″ LCD screen and you can wear this camera as well as easily mountable on snow boards, bikes, boats anywhere.
- Interesting, this DBPower sport cam weighs only 50grams and its light weight to carry or even, when you wear it on your head.
- It comes with 2-set of batteries and hence you can record/use the camera for double-the-time.
- This camera has HDMI port so you can connect it to your HDTV or even projectors for photo/video playback.
- It also has an USB port, standard A/V outputs.
- Its waterproof up to 30meters depth.
A detailed review of DBPower sport camera:
Blusmart Sports camera [SJ4000]
Yet another HD (1080p) with 12 Megapixel and wide-angle lens sports camera. Its water resistance up to 30 meters depth.
You can add a SD card to expand the storage space up to 32 GB. It also has USB, HDMI for TV/Projector/PC connections. You can zoom the picture up to 4 times without losing the quality. The battery is removable and looks, you can keep it charging even when the camera is live.
Lets Unbox the Blusmart SJ4000, to understand better.
ANART Sport Camera
Yet another sport cam with WiFi connectivity. This is a HD camera supports resolution up to 1080p and you can continuously shoot for ~70 minutes (the battery stands good).
- It has 170 degree fish-angle lens for wide photo capture.
- The LCD screen measures 1.5″ size and also, waterproof.
- It supports USB 2.0 and supports 11 different OSD languages.
- You can change the photo mode between 2 MP to 12 MP for capturing variety quality of photos.
- You can also set it to auto-shot with a self timer of 5-seconds or 10-seconds duration.
- This camera has lot of accessories, you can take a look on the below image.
Now Unboxing the ANART SJ4000 from pack.
GoPro, DBPower, Blusmart, ANART are the best selling top sport cameras in the market. Now the choice is yours, if you are really looking for a specialized cam then go for GoPro. At the same time, the other 3 models are worth for the money.
GoPro best suits, if you are going underwater as it can support up to 40 meters depth – better when compared to other models.